|can we have children with out infecting my wife?
Dec 18, 2005
i am 36 years of age living with HIV, but my wife is negative living in USA. I am living in Ethiopia. My question "is it possible to have children with out infecting her with HIV?"
| Response from Dr. Wohl
It is possible. It is also expensive. Several assisted reproductive centers in the US and Europe can accomplish this in a way that greatly reduces the risk of HIV transmission. Fertility clinics can help lead you to those clinics that have programs for HIV infected persons.
FOr scholarly information check out:
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Effects Of Chlamydia In Women
- Pathogen That Causes Hepatitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.