Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Glands

How long does a newly infected person usually have swollen glands once obtained? Is there a time limit for having this or is everyone different? Happy Holidays!

Swelling of the glands (such as in the neck and/or armpit) can be transient or can persist for weeks to months.

Were you one of the worried well - those HIV negative persons who are overwhelmingly concerned about being HIV positive - I would tell you that there are many causes of swollen glands. Everything from athlete's foot to strep throat to the rare but dangerous lymphomas can stir up lymph nodes to the point where they can be noticed. One should not let their focus on HIV preclude full evaluation of any glandular enlargement.

Please help!
can we have children with out infecting my wife?