CD4 GROUTH over time

Dear Dr.Benjamin Young

I am a colleague from Italy, You helped me a lot 2 years ago with very useful counsels. Now I am on meds. Because My VL vent 120000 and CD4 in three months was down from 390 to 275. After a 1,5 year on meds my VL is <50 and CD4 674 but % is only 27% from 36% when I discovered being + and VL was 45000 and CD4 634. My WBC always before being + was 6,500-7000 now is 5,480. Is possible for me to have the 36% of CD4 %ge and will I have anymore my WBC to 6500-7000 as always have before being infected?

My dr. told me when my first VL was <50 and my CD 350 THAT EVEN THAT IS E VERY GOOD RESULT

I am using Sustiva, Tenofovir and Epivir once a day and good adherence (sometimes rarely I take them on hour after the exact time)

Waiting from You My best regards A colleague from Italy

My dear Italian friend-

Thanks for your post and follow up.

It seems like you have had a very nice response to treatment; promptly reaching undetectable levels and increases in your CD4 count and percentage. It's difficult to be accurate in these sorts of predictions, but I'd expect that your CD4 count and percentages will continue to increase (collectively) over time. Will you reach the same percentage that you had prior to HIV? Quite possibly.

Even if not, I'd not worry too much-- your counts are in the normal range and having a count in the ~650 means that your likelihood of having a HIV complication is very, very low.

Keep up with the adherence; let us know how you're doing from time to time. Happy holidays and good health to you. BY

realistic expectations
should I get a tonsillectomy?