|does corticosteroid cream (betamethasone dipropionate) affect result?
Dec 14, 2005
hello doctor, i have used betamethasone dipropionate cream for 2 months before i took my elisa test, does this affect test or could cause false negative?
the result was both non reactive for HIv-1 and Hiv 2.
I use that cream everytime my sebo flares up, since year 2000 till now.
thank very much
| Response from Dr. Wohl
This will not obscure an HIV test result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Corticosteroid Cream Affect Hiv Test Results?
- What Does The Standard Hiv Test Detect In Patients?
- What Types Of Cells Does Hiv Infect And What Kinds Does It Destroy?
- Does Having Trichomoniasis Means You Have Hiv?
- How Dangerous Is Candidiasis To A Child's Health?
- Does Cranberry Juice Help Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.