Zerit & wasting

My doctor has recommended a regimen change to Sustiva,Zerit & Epivir. I'm very concerned about taking Zerit as I've heard from just about every other expert of concerns about wasting. My doc isn't conventional - he's "creative" with meds and thinks this regimen will help my energy level & actually put weight on. Will you please share your thoughts on this?

Thank you

Creative is one word for it. Let's assume you are on Combivir and Sustiva and having some trouble with lack of energy that may be due to the AZT in Combivir. Why switch to Zerit and not Viread (or better yet, Truvada and bag Epivir)? You would then be on a once a day therapy and not have to risk the neuropathy, fat wasting and lipid increasing side effects associated very clearly with Zerit.

Have a bias for some reason against Viread? Fine. Then what about Epzicom instead of Combivir? The risk of hypersensitivity is low, lower yet probably if you are African or African-American.

Now, if you are in a place where these other drugs are not available and Zerit is your only option, well then, you have no choice but to try it and see how you do. Otherwise, eschew this attempt at creativity and instead seek out some rationality.

True or False
acute treatment- efficacy?