Dec 8, 2005
I have been on Combivir and nevarapine then swithed due to side effects to Kaletra, Zerit and 3tc, but then suddenly developed lipoatrophy (butts, legs,arms and huge breast). My doctor decided that i take a break for some months. This has extended to a year now iam gonna start with my new meds i.e Novir and Imvirase. Do you think this a good combination and wont it make my condition(lipoatrophy) worse? Thanks for your response.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Your d4T (Zerit) was the culprit. This drug is well know for its ability to waste fat. There is much debate about the role of protease inhibitors in fat loss and I think that these agents by themselves do not reduce face or limb fat.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.