change of therapy

Hi. I am on invirase and epivir with undetectable viral load and stable labs for 10 years. My new doctor wants me to change to add Truvada and delete epivir. Would this be a good choice, or should just stay with my current therapy? Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for your post.

Your's is an unusual situation-- your definitely on an unusual drug regimen; one that I certainly wouldn't start you on in 2005. I'm sure that it's this later sentiment that has stimulated your doctor to switch to a more conventional three drug regimen (using a popular, well tolerated combination drug, tenofovir/FTC, or Truvada).

That said, I'm a big believer in "aint-broke-don't-fix"-- if you really have had undetectable viral loads for 10 years with good labs and tolerability, I can find no compelling reason to want to deviate from this. You might be interested in knowing that there is a new formulation of saquinavir (Inverase)-- 500 mg pills. Using the newer formulation (and keeping you on 3TC (Epivir), you can lower your pill burden significantly.

I hope this is helpful. Let us know what you decide to do.

Good health to you. BY

Frightened - Part 2
quick reply!!! wow