Parents & HIV

Its an amzing thing parents. Parents that mold you, shape you, and only want the very best for their sons or daughters. Mine are no different. They have given me so much love over the many years. Dad and Mom have saved me so many times, in so many different ways. Now at 75 and 73 years of age they are faced with their son telling them that he and his partner are both HIV. I remember when I introduced my partner to Dad. Dad said to him, "please take care of my son." This was Dad's way of bringing him into our large family. Now is no different, William will take care of me and I him. When I talked to both of them on the phone after the letter, dad asked "So, whats your CD4 count! (I laughed). This was going to be ok. Dad is a doc and knows some things about this. But its going to take Mom a bit more time to dijest. I know they have alot more questions and I know between me and William and Dr. Ben, they will be answered. Thanks to this site and my friends, my doctor, I found the strength not to keep this a secret. I want them to know about my life, my life with William and that it will be a good life. I am prowd that I have parents that have seen pearl harbor, a man on the moon, and a son with hiv and are going to be ok with time..

I am blessed..

-------------------- ERIC 525,600 minutes Seasons of Love

Eric-

Thanks for your post and for sharing your difficult and heartfelt experiences. Happy holidays, friend. BY

children
antacids