Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Parents & HIV
Dec 5, 2005

Its an amzing thing parents. Parents that mold you, shape you, and only want the very best for their sons or daughters. Mine are no different. They have given me so much love over the many years. Dad and Mom have saved me so many times, in so many different ways. Now at 75 and 73 years of age they are faced with their son telling them that he and his partner are both HIV. I remember when I introduced my partner to Dad. Dad said to him, "please take care of my son." This was Dad's way of bringing him into our large family. Now is no different, William will take care of me and I him. When I talked to both of them on the phone after the letter, dad asked "So, whats your CD4 count! (I laughed). This was going to be ok. Dad is a doc and knows some things about this. But its going to take Mom a bit more time to dijest. I know they have alot more questions and I know between me and William and Dr. Ben, they will be answered. Thanks to this site and my friends, my doctor, I found the strength not to keep this a secret. I want them to know about my life, my life with William and that it will be a good life. I am prowd that I have parents that have seen pearl harbor, a man on the moon, and a son with hiv and are going to be ok with time..

I am blessed..

-------------------- ERIC 525,600 minutes Seasons of Love

Response from Dr. Young

Eric-

Thanks for your post and for sharing your difficult and heartfelt experiences. Happy holidays, friend. BY

Previous
children
Next
antacids

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.