HIV positive and wanting a biological baby
Dec 5, 2005
If a woman is HIV positive, but for other medical reasons cannot become pregnant herself, can her egg be implanted in a surrogate without transmitting the disease?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your interesting question.
To my limited knowledge, I'm not aware of any cases of such in vitro fertilization from a HIV positive egg donor.
Any readers hear otherwise? BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- How Long Does Chlamydia Take To Show?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.