HIV positive and wanting a biological baby
Dec 5, 2005
If a woman is HIV positive, but for other medical reasons cannot become pregnant herself, can her egg be implanted in a surrogate without transmitting the disease?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your interesting question.
To my limited knowledge, I'm not aware of any cases of such in vitro fertilization from a HIV positive egg donor.
Any readers hear otherwise? BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Plantar Warts And Hiv
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.