Zinc Finger Inhibitors

Hello Doctors, I have been doing some research on new treatment possibilities and came across Zinc Finger Inhibitors I was wondering if any of you had any information on this type of treatment is it a reallity or is it still far away from becoming a form of HIV therapy?

Thanks Very Much

Zach

Hello and thanks for posting. The only Zinc finger blocker that I know of that made it into human studies was azodicarbonamide (ADA) a number of years ago. In a small study it appeared to have some antiviral activity, but caused significant side effects (kidney stones and glucose increases) and I suspect that development was probably abandoned as a result of these problems. Tripep, a Swedish company has a candidate in preclinical development that appears to have been derived from their previous compound GPG-NH2. So this class of compounds remains quite speculative at this point.

bioalcamid
Night Swetting