Dec 5, 2005
Is polyacrylamide and bioalcamid the same thing?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting. Bio-Alcamid is polyalkylimide which is somewhat different from polyacrylamide. They are both filling agents that are not yet available in the United States that I know of. For a number of years patients have been going to Tijuana for Bio-Alcamid. Sculptra (Nu-Fill) is FDA approved and represents a good option for many people with facial lipoatrophy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Hepatitis C To Show Up?
- Are Sore Throat Aches Pains Fatigue Fever Chills Hiv Symptoms?
- Hiv Early Symptoms And Acute Bronchitis
- When Can Gonorrhea Be Deadly?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.