Guillain-Barre complicating HIV

first I would like to thank you for answering my last question ....nothing will change my status but I want to understand what happen to me....I will be blunt and to the point..in july of o4 I was date raped...I was drunk as a shunk so I did not report it police...could not face the the police or family so I just blew it off...and just stopped going out....he raped me rectally....I got sick in october of o4....I had been on vaction in Jamaica in september ...so when I got sick the health department and doctors said it was some kind of meningitis...then they said I had bells palsy....then last but not least....Fisher miller syndrom....I found out that I was HIV positive in June of o5. The HIV doctor said the the fisher miller syndrom was a symtome of the HIV..I stayed in the hospital for a month. and a month worth of therpy to get me able to walk again and reverse the stroke like symtoms to my face. I was told my brain stem was infected...I don't understand, how this is asssocated with HIV infections...please explain...and if this is so...Why did I know find out about the HIV in October of 04

Hello and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Miller-Fisher syndrome is a variant of Guillain-Barre syndrome. This is a known rare complication of primary HIV infection. The theory behind the association is that the immune activation that occurs as a result of the initial response to HIV infection produces damage to nerve tissue. Since this is such a rare condition and Bells Palsy is common this may be why it was diagnosed later. I hope all the best for you.

how much amount of time does it take to be resistance
bioalcamid