Brother dying of AIDS in hospital

MY BROTHER HAS HAD HIV FOR APPROX. 14 YEARS NOW HE HAS FULL BLOWN AIDS, MULTIPLE MYLOMA AND LIMFOMA IN HIS BRIAN OR SKULL HE HAS BEEN IN HOSPITAL SINCE 9/28/05 WHAT CAN WE EXPECT DR'S SAYING THERE IS NOTHING ELSE THEY CAN DO ONLY MAKE HIM COMFORTABLE UNTIL HE GOES IS IT TRUE. HE IS GETTING SKINNER AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO HELP HIM FROM THE PAIN.

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your brother. The combination of multiple myeloma and brain lymphoma sounds bad and I do not doubt the prognosis that was given. However, since the focus now is on comfort care, pain control should be achieved, since this is such an important part of making someone comfortable. There are many different pain medications and many options available for pain control. If the pain control for your brother is inadequate this should be discussed with nursing and medical staff. Best of luck to you and your brother.

my cd4 and viral load
how much amount of time does it take to be resistance