my cd4 and viral load

my last test was back in july, i am due to go back for more tests this month, i have to say im affaid, i was infected last december, my last test was cd4 count was 480, and viral load was 68,000, from this i have worked out that my cd4 count have fallen by 50 each month im affaid that it will have dropped to be low 350? if so do i need medication? and whats the long term outcome?

Hello and thanks for posting. It is extremely difficult to draw any firm conclusions about CD4 count and viral load trends within the first year of infection. If repeat lab determinations show that the CD4 count drops below 350, then it may be time to initiate therapy. To a large extent the long term outcome depends on you. Those who are able to navigate the healthcare system and take HIV medications with a high level of adherence do extremely well. The medications are getting better and more effective. So even if the CD4 count does continue to decline (and this is by no means a given), treatment is highly effective. Best of luck to you and let us know how things go.

Sustiva & Kivexa or Truvada?
Brother dying of AIDS in hospital