Can I have a child ?

I am a male age 50, hiv positive, but seek to have a natural child. I would have had a child long before now otherwise. And would have been married...(too late now). So is my sperm capable of producing an embryo that is healthy outside the womb with later implantation with a healthy female who also seeks a child without the confinement of a marriage? and would the woman be safe from hiv?

There are clinics that offer to do basically what you are proposing. Sperm are not thought to be infected with HIV. It is the semen and the cells within it where HIV can be found. Therefore, techniques to remove the sperm from the semen are performed and the resulting sperm used to fertilize an egg in vitro. The egg can then be implanted in the woman's uterus.

Cool stuff. Also expensive and word has it that insurance is not game to pick up the tab. There is some risk of HIV infection to the woman and she has to sign all sorts of papers acknowledging the risk. I have not heard of a case of HIV transmitted this way but others may have and can respond with a post. Any other relevant experiences may also be of interest to our readership.

combivir/stocrin heart problems?
Sustiva & Kivexa or Truvada?