change from working regimen????????

Hi Dr's, I am 5 years in on an adherent regimen of viramune,epivir,ziagenRecently tried switching to the Epzicom once a day.Couldnt tolerate it,knocked me down. Question is the fatigue I have felt after beginning ziagen and not being able to tolerate the epzicom,Could that indicate a tolerance problem???Is Truvada a milder/less potent drug than Epzicom?? My labs are all good and I know Im on an effective non wasting/lipo regimen.However the fatigue and poor appetite has only worsened. Im going to ask my Dr if there is a milder combination and see about changing. my labs would be considered good. cd4 @ 595 and VL undetectable. Any suggestions on effective changes

The tolerability of therapy can be very individual. Some may not be able to take one drug but others can. If you have had problems since shortly after your regimen started then it is very possible that one or more of the medications are to blame.

You can switch to a new regimen. Truvada is a good substitution for abacavir+3TC but any change brings risks of new toxicities, of course. I would also make sure that a work up for other causes of your symtpoms is done including looking for thyroid disease, anemia, sleep apnea, depression etc.

switching meds
Request for ACTG Study Proposal