Nov 30, 2005
my brothers cd4 count is 150 he hasn't started meds yet, but very shortly apparently.can this improve his count
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Yes, your brother's CD4 cell count can definitely improve with combination therapies for HIV. While he currently has a CD4 count that places him at risk for AIDS complication (<200), on well selected, well-adhered to medications, we could expect a roughly 200 cell increase within the first year.
I hope this helps. Good luck to your brother. Have him write us with any questions. BY
T-cell & viral load
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Are Post Nasal Drip And Dry Cough Signs Of HIV?
- Bleeding Gums While Giving Oral Sex
- Can You Catch Anything From Swallowing Menstrual Blood?
- Can You Catch HIV In The Ocean Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.