Nov 30, 2005
my brothers cd4 count is 150 he hasn't started meds yet, but very shortly apparently.can this improve his count
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Yes, your brother's CD4 cell count can definitely improve with combination therapies for HIV. While he currently has a CD4 count that places him at risk for AIDS complication (<200), on well selected, well-adhered to medications, we could expect a roughly 200 cell increase within the first year.
I hope this helps. Good luck to your brother. Have him write us with any questions. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Western Blot Test How Long Does It Take For Results
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.