|what do i do about my weight
Nov 27, 2005
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post. The regimen that you're receiving is a popular one in many parts of the world.
Weight gain is not unusual to see among persons initiating HIV therapy, especially patients who start medications with very low CD4 cell counts. What you're describing is not the usual pattern, as most patients gain back the weight that was lost with AIDS-associated wasting. Sometimes we'll see usual gain in body fat (lipodystrophy), this later syndrome can be troubling for some patients after starting on medications.
Since your wieght gain is problematic for you, I'd make sure to address this issue with your doctor at your next visit.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Shingles After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.