Concerned....

Sorry, but I hadn't completed my list of questions prior to sending my last message.

Is resistance normally a common problem for those with an Aids diagnosis, or as long as adherence is not an issue, can this resistance be overcome in these instances?

Many thanks for your help and all that you do.

Tom.

Tom- Thanks for your post.

Resistance is a major issue that plagues patients, both before and after the initiation of treatment. Fortunately, for those patients who acquire wild type (drug susceptible) virus and start on, and adhere to contemporary drug regimens, the amount of resistance that emerges is low- on the order of 5% of patients in the first year. The amount of new drug resistance in subsequent years of therapy is very low, speaking to the fact that getting the right drugs and adherance to them early on is very important for long-term success.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your kind words. BY

Supervirus
treatment naive