Should I keep taking Sustiva?

I was diagnosed in September with HIV+. My CD4 count was 654 but my viral load was 261,000 so my doctor started me on Sustiva and Truvada. I started them at bedtime 2 weeks ago, after 10 days, I got a 2-day fever of 102 and starting Thursday (day 10) I got a full body rash which is itching intensely and hasn't stopped. I showed it to my dermatologist and my ID doctor. They both think it doesn't look like a classic Sustiva rash but can't tell me what it's from (the dermatologist -- who I started seeing a month ago for a sore on the head of the penis that he still can't diagnose but thinks may be herpes -- said something about delayed reaction to Zithromax I took 2 weeks ago). I haven't had a fever for the last 2 days, and no mouth lesions, peeling, blistering, etc.

I was already having trouble sleeping on the Sustiva and was thinking of switching to morning. However, the itching and lack of sleep is so intense and NOTHING helps (Benadryl, Clobex) that I really want to stop the meds for now.

What do you think? Thanks!

Your original post was from about a month ago so I am confident that your problem has been resolved one way or the other. Sometimes a Sustiva induced rash can be managed with anti-itch medications and it will eventually resolve. Other times it just gets progressively worse or persists and the medication must be stopped. It might be helpful for our readers to find out how your problem was ultimately resolved. Thanks for posting!

Lexiva/Truvada/Norvir and benzos
Should I retake my meds if I threw up?