Lexiva/Truvada/Norvir and benzos
Nov 25, 2005
Hi I am on the HAART combo in the title. I have in the past taken a valium or xanax on occasion. Other than potentially requiring a lower dose of benzo for the same effect, is there any potential negative effect on my HAART therapy? Could it be less effective as a result of the benzo use?
Response from Dr. Pierone
For our readers that are not up with the latest lingo, benzos are benzodiazepines medications like Valium and Xanax. The drug interaction issue is that you simply may need a lower dose to avoid becoming overly sedated. Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flaky Skin An Ars Symptom?
- Is Hair Loss A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.