On Successful HAART
Nov 25, 2005
If a person is on a HAART regimen and is adherent, undectable VL, high and stable cd4's with no other STD's; does the HAART regimen act as PEP would if you are exposed to HIV from another individual??
Response from Dr. Pierone
I haven't thought of HAART for prevention of superinfection, but it should work unless someone has exposure to someone with a multi-drug resistant strain of virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Person Be Hiv Positive For Years And Have No Symptoms?
- What Foods Can't Hiv Positive People Eat?
- Chances Of Contracting Hiv After One Unprotected Exposure
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Doctor Treats Herpes?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.