experiences with Truvada

my doctor wants me to switch my comby from retrovir/Epivir/Viramune to Truvada/Viramune. she says there are less side-effects, especially on the leaver. Is there anyone who has special experiences?

I also would be interested in the thoughts of others with first hand experience considering or making such a switch.

For many on successful therapy (high CD4, low viral load, well tolerated), it is often difficult to justify a change ('if it ain't broke, why fix it?'). But, for others the simplicity of once a day therapy is attractive - especially if the therapies can both be considered to be potent.

I am unaware of any data regarding a relative advantage of Truvada compared to Combivir as far as the liver. An on-going head to head study of Truvada versus Combivir when paired with Sustiva has found that Truvada was better tolerated over the first year (especially less anemia). As far as getting and keeping the viral load undetectable there was no dramatic difference between the two thus far in this study.

Of course, if there is any hint of intolerance to your current regimen or you are finding difficulty with a twice a day dosing schedule, a switch may be just what the doctor ordered.

CYP3A PLUS SUSTIVA AND LEXIVA
Zerit confusion