CYP3A PLUS SUSTIVA AND LEXIVA

I am treated with ssustiva , ziagen and lexiva I have no detectable virus and my cd4 are 400 but lately my doctor gave me UROXATRAL for new condition of BPH bening prostate hyperplasia. Is there interaction since they use the same passway on metabolism CYP3A4??? please help me I think this bring me a problem, or they are safe?.

Lexiva inhibits and also induces (activates) the CYP3A4 pathway in the liver. So the net result of co-administration of Lexiva with Uroxatral, a drug that uses this pathway to become metabolized, is unlear. If Norvir is also being used, forget about Uroxatral as co-administration is contraindicated.

You could talk with your doctor about your concerns and whether there is an alternative she/he would recommend with less of a drug-drug interaction potential If not, cautious start of the med with carfeful monitoring could be considered. Look out for dizziness as Uroxatral can lower blood pressure. I would check your blood pressure within 2 days after starting the medication and weekly for a couple of weeks at least. Blood pressure can be checked lying down and then after standing to look for major differences that can point to too high a level of the Uroxatral.

Storage of epzicom and lexapro
experiences with Truvada