i would like to wait to start meds but now im not sure?

I am hiv pos for about 5 yrs now. I have always been about 20, 000 vl and 450 t's untill my last 2 three months check ups.... my t's dipped to about 325 and my vl was up to 80,000.... i am considering a clinical trial with theses low numbers that includes either sustiva or atvantizar as the backbone with these worsening numbers...but i just got re tested again from 2 weeks b4 my last test and my t's rose to like 450 while my vl remained steady. Should i start now with a clinical trial that will pay for all my drugs and treatment for 3 yrs or could my vl just go down by itself for a yr or two more by its own the way my t's have. I need to descide really soon what to do and would just like your personal opinion on the topic Thanks so much for the input!

There is no definitive answer in a situation like yours, you are not in jeopardy so can continue to wait and see. However, since you may be getting close to initiating treatment there are some potential benefits to entering a clinical trial. The first is that treatment costs are covered to some extent depending on the study. Another is that advances in therapy depend on subject participation in research trials. That said, anyone participating is a study should read the informed consent carefully and be sure that you would be ok with the treatment regimen which is being studied. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you!

cd counts not rising
Drug Holiday at Recommendation of Doctor