Update as requested and for those in doubt of starting meds.

FYI- In January 05 of this year I was diagnosed HIV and intialt blood work indicated I had CD4=0 cd4%0 VL-350,000

I have been on Sustiva and Combivir since that time.

Recent blood work indicates cd4 count=130 cd4%=25% VL=Undetectable

No side effects and have been healthy throughout:)

Just a little question...in the US what happens when the cd% does not indicate an AIDS diagnosis but the count does? Why the discrepancy in my case?

Could it be something else as to why I have a low cd4 count compared to my %? In Canada you are not considered to have AIDS unless you have a low cd4 count and 2 OI's. Thanks again:) Hope all is well Canuck:):)

Hello, it is nice to hear from you and it's great to hear that you are making progress and that things are going well.

I don't know why the CD4 count and percentage don't always track together in the usual manner. But from a practical perspective, it rarely influences management. One is still considered to have AIDS if the CD4 count is less than 200 regardless of the percentage.

Best of luck to you!

Viral Resistance of Newly Infected Partner
cd counts not rising