Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Admired
Nov 23, 2005

No question Dr. Young. I had to write to you to let you know how incredible of a human being you are. You are intelligent, encouraging, and you take the time for your patients and make them feel great -physically and emotionally and mentally. They never feel like you consider them a hinderance in your busy schedule. Just the opposite. You have no idea of the magnitude of goodness you put on earth. I never wished I could emulate any hollywood celebrities. And most MDs have it one way but not another. But you have it all: intellect, genuine compassion, and even more than that that can't even be put into words. My new friend Eric tells me of you and I am in awe. I consider your work and I consider you to be the epitimy of what I want to do and be in life. Another brilliant human being, Dr. Keerti V. Shah (of Johns Hopkins), is the only other human being that I rank so high. My goal in life is to get PhD from UMass in virology (I only have a BS right now)and be involved in HIV vaccine research and make people with HIV feel just great again (physically and mentally). What an example you are of everything I want to be. Thank you. Jennifer

Response from Dr. Young

Wow, Jennifer.

It's words like yours that brighten a long day (or week) on call. In actuality, I'm one of the very fortunate that loves my job and the ability to simply help those in need. The fact that I have incredible opportunities to meet people, travel and yes, make a living are the gravy of the work that many of us HIV clinicians get to experience.

So, thanks for your kind words. Follow your dreams, live life. BY

Previous
First year stats
Next
Should I be considering a change in therapy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.