Admired

No question Dr. Young. I had to write to you to let you know how incredible of a human being you are. You are intelligent, encouraging, and you take the time for your patients and make them feel great -physically and emotionally and mentally. They never feel like you consider them a hinderance in your busy schedule. Just the opposite. You have no idea of the magnitude of goodness you put on earth. I never wished I could emulate any hollywood celebrities. And most MDs have it one way but not another. But you have it all: intellect, genuine compassion, and even more than that that can't even be put into words. My new friend Eric tells me of you and I am in awe. I consider your work and I consider you to be the epitimy of what I want to do and be in life. Another brilliant human being, Dr. Keerti V. Shah (of Johns Hopkins), is the only other human being that I rank so high. My goal in life is to get PhD from UMass in virology (I only have a BS right now)and be involved in HIV vaccine research and make people with HIV feel just great again (physically and mentally). What an example you are of everything I want to be. Thank you. Jennifer

Wow, Jennifer.

It's words like yours that brighten a long day (or week) on call. In actuality, I'm one of the very fortunate that loves my job and the ability to simply help those in need. The fact that I have incredible opportunities to meet people, travel and yes, make a living are the gravy of the work that many of us HIV clinicians get to experience.

So, thanks for your kind words. Follow your dreams, live life. BY

First year stats
Should I be considering a change in therapy