drug Interaction with HIV meds and Lamisil
Nov 22, 2005
I am slowly loosing my toe nails due to fungus,.. will the drug Lamisil have a negative reaction with my meds,/sustiva/epivir/viread,.. My age is 48 years /cd4=370 or 13% vl-75/undectable on meds for 4 years , please answer when you have a chance,... thanks,..Gerald sr.
Response from Dr. Pierone
There should be no significant interactions between your regular medications and Lamisil. There is a small risk of liver toxicity (about 3%) with this medication, but it a reasonable therapy for toenail fungus. Best of luck to you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
- What Organs Are Affected By Syphilis?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Does Herpes Discharge Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.