My therapy...

Dear Doctor...

I've just started therapy(HAART) by ten days.

I take Telzir-Norvir-Combivir. (3+3...6 pills a day)

No other collateral effects than dyarrhea(but not a problem,really).

I've started with my viral load 137.000,CD4 296,CD4 percentage 18%.

My infection was diagnosticated in 2002.

My question:It's a GOOD therapy to start?

Thank you very much and sorry for my pitiful English.

Miki(Italy)

Thank you for your post.

Great to hear from our European readers.

The regimen that you're taking should be a very good one-- Combivir has been around for ages, some patients can develop nausea, headaches or anemia, but save for these symptoms generally is well tolerated. There is debate over the extent that the AZT part of Combivir may increase the risk of loss of body fat (lipoatrophy), but probably to a much less degree than the other thymidine drug, d4T.

The fosamprenavir (Telzir, Lexiva) boosted with ritonavir (Norvir) is very well tolerated, we're using this boosted protease with increasing frequency in our patients here in Denver. Most have very little side effects, occasionally mild diarrhea (that is like yours, not much of an issue). With all boosted PIs, there is some risk of increased lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides), though this combination causes this infrequently.

So overall, I think this is a very good regimen- let us know how your symptoms and labs progress over time.

Best health to you, BY

recent tests?
RE: Med Change What to do?