Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Curious...

I've just started meds ,taking duovir and stocrin ,not feeling so well , could be the side efects,i'm curious and want to find out...if hiv meds can bring down an hiv persons VL to undetectable level and cd4 back to normal , why can't this person live like any healthy persons with meds for his entire life? comments were given stating that a person recovered from Aids taking successful hiv meds may live for 5-20 more years ....could it be the toxicity of the meds that's killing ? Pls advise,thanks...

Thanks for your post.

It's long been my belief that persons living with HIV/AIDS who have access to experienced medical care and medications, who find the ways to be adherent to medications CAN live normal life expectancies. Those who state lesser numbers are often extrapolating from studies that involved patients from the dark ages of mono- and dual-drug therapy (and it's permanent footprint of drug resistance). In my opinion, it's this "toxicity" of medications that is the real risk to long-term "normal" survival, not toxicity. BY

THANKYOU
HIV AND DENTAL