PEP fear of being infected
Nov 15, 2005
My boyfriend is HIV-positive, and is undetectable. My concern is that the condom broke and although we went to the clinic before 48 hrs I am taking meds for 6 weeks. My question is since he is undetectable do i have a good chance of not contracting the virus?
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, between starting PEP within 48 hours of potential exposure and your boyfriend's undetectable HIV viral load, your risk of contracting (seroconversion) is very low.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Stomach Acid Kill HIV?
- How Long After Contracting Hiv Would I Notice Symptoms?
- How Long Antibodies Will Stay In Blood Of Hiv Positive?
- How Long Does It Take Thrush To Clear Up?
- If I Get Back A Normal Pap Smear Can I Still Be Hiv Positive?
- How Will The Doctor Contact Me If I Test Positive For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.