|Red lump in armpit
Nov 15, 2005
When I was taking a shower today, I noticed a red swelling about the size of the tip of your index finger. It is red and blanches to the touch. Is this a lymph node or would those be deeper in the armpit?
| Response from Dr. Young
Sounds more like a superficial infection (folliculitis, pimple, etc) than a lymph node to me. If it persists, talk to your doctor. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Painless Lump In Armpit Be A Sign Of Hiv?
- How Do U Distinguish A Regular Lump In Ur Armpit From An Hiv Lump?
- Can Hepatitis B Vaccination Cause A False Positive Hepatitis C Test?
- How Long Does Hiv Skin Rash Last?
- Can You Get Hiv If You Share Drinks With A Person Who Has It?
- Can You Get Hep C By Having Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.