Red lump in armpit
Nov 15, 2005
When I was taking a shower today, I noticed a red swelling about the size of the tip of your index finger. It is red and blanches to the touch. Is this a lymph node or would those be deeper in the armpit?
Response from Dr. Young
Sounds more like a superficial infection (folliculitis, pimple, etc) than a lymph node to me. If it persists, talk to your doctor. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Swollen Glands A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.