Nov 14, 2005
How long will it take for the medical community to come out with a vaccine or treatment based on the findings of the Andrew Stimpson "hiv cure" case?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
It is hard to know what to make of this case given the limited info available. Mr. Stimpson is a young man who claims to have been cured of HIV based on a positive HIV test followed by a negative one about a year later. I do not know any details regarding CD4 cell counts or viral load testing. According to the news, there has been some difficulty getting this man back in for further testing.
So, with this limited data, it is impossible to speculate on what, if any, promise this holds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.