HIV/MED Related Skin Rash

Recently after having been on a med combo of 3TC+Atazanavir+Viread (T4 >300 VL <50) for 2 years I have developed a skin rash (similar in appearance to acne) on my chest and extreme itching of the arms and inside the upper thighs (without rash). Is this common to develope these adverse reactions to meds long after starting them? I thought most reactions occur soon after initial combo startup and may clear up after time. Also, is there an OTC treatment/medication effective in treating the rash and for the control/reduction of the ithing?

It is really hard to say what caused this rash without knowing more about where it is and, ideally, seeing it (a picture is worth a thousand words and an actual exam more).

You are correct that it is unlikely a drug reaction to your HIV meds given how long you have been on them. A new medicine, soap, detergent, fabric softner, etc could cause a rash. So can syphillis (although that usually does not itch).

Have your doc take a look.

Also, I hope you are also on ritonavr (Norvir). Tenofovir (Viread) can lower the level of atazanavir (Reyataz) so boosting the protease inhibitor with Norvir is higly recommended when these two drugs are co-administered.

frog sweat
drug combination