Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

my t-cells are 61
Nov 7, 2005

I just found out today after getting my first line of blood work that my tcells are 61. I know I am going to need to go on meds, but I need to keep up with a somewhat fast paced work day 5 days a week. Will starting the meds put me at place where I can not keep up with my job, and what meds are the best for not slowing me down in the begining of taking them?

Response from Dr. Wohl

Not necessarily. Most can start meds on a weekend and be ready to go in Monday. Much depends on what meds you are prescribed and how you tolerate them. Talk to your clinician about your busy lifestyle and see what kind of convenient regimen with low risk of work-stopping toxicity he or she can devise.

With all your hard work you may have accrured some vacation. Maybe use that to take a week off while you and your meds get to know one another.

DW

Previous
Truvada + Kaletra
Next
Drug Combinations????

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.