life span

is it a fairly safe assumption to say that most if not almost all patients who get medical help early in their infection(within a year or so) and whose health is reasonably good can expect to live decades(20++ years)?

also I've read that almost all patients can go 5 or more years before needing meds but I read of soo many people on this site who after only one or two years have t-counts that put them at the point of needing meds--why is that?

also--I have read of such great results of the brazilian/paris studies--why isn't this offered in the states???

Assumptions are dangerous. Every single individual has their own challenges and advantages when it comes to living with HIV. For many, new therapies will indeed improve their health and well-being, extending life by years if not decades. Early diagnosis, intelligent treatment choices, healthy living all increase the odds of living long and prospering.

Many who write in were diagnosed many years after they were infected. So, their lowish CD4 cells soon after testing positive should be placed in context.

I am unsure what you mean by Brazilian/Paris studies. In the US and Europe, the latest advances in HIV care are generally available and are the source of the treatment successes that you have read about.

is it resistance?
Truvada + Kaletra