HIV+ with high cd 4 count

I have been positive since 1989 and have been on meds since 1995. When I started meds my cd-4 count was 369. I have been on sustiva and combivir since 1999. When I started Sustiva my CD-4 count was about 1000. Since it has climbed to 1700 and my most recent count was 1973. I also have a very high cd-8 count, usually in the 3800 range. Do you see much of this? Should I go to an easier medicine. I did stop my meds once a few years ago and after 9 weeks my cd-4 count dropped to 1300 and my viral load hit 22,000. How rare is it for counts to go this high?

Thanks for your post.

It's not unheard to see CD4 counts over 1000, but certainly not common. Your numbers are among the highest that I've seen, but speak to the potency and long-term tolerability of your drug regimen.

Good luck, good health to you. BY

Restarting Sustiva
If my viral numbers are changing, should I switch/adjust?