Restarting Sustiva

After 8 days on Sustiva, i broke out in a rash from head to toe. I was advised to stop all meds and i started last week after a week. The rash had cleared up, but i was told that as soon as I take the sustiva it would come back. The next morning, the rash appeared on my arms and that's about it...its 4 days later and i can see evidence of the rash on the arms but nothing more. Is it safe to assume that im pass the rash stage, or will i have the same incumbation period of 6-10 days? The rash was the worst, and i fear having it again. Also, it appears this time around that i got a slight insomnia, and and weird emotions late at night (which i didnt have before) could it have been that i have traded in the rash for the other side effects?

Hi and thanks for posting. Strange dreams (well, stranger than normal) are very common in the first few weeks of Sustiva dosing. But in some cases insomnia, vivid dreams, and unusual emotions may persist indefinitely. If these side effects dissipate over time then you should have no problems, but if they are persist then you will likely need to change to another medication. Best of luck to you!

Recently Seroconverted - Clinical Trial?
HIV+ with high cd 4 count