Stocrin does not exist in US pharmaceutical database True or False

Dear Doctor, I've been taking Stocrin for about 6 months now. I've gotten this medicine from my home country. I do not have any insurance so getting it from another country seems to be less expensive. Although, I'm waiting to be enrolled at UNC Healthcare my medicine is running out. I got a prescription for Stocrin from my primary doctor(no expert on HIV drugs i assumed), went to the pharmacy and they told me they do not know what it is. I told them that Stocrin is the same as Sustiva and they still refused to give me the medicine and told me that Stocrin does not exist in their Database. I am now worried that I am going to miss a few doses. Would this have any affect later on when im getting back on it? And why do these pharmarcists have not a clue of what Stocrin is. Shouldn't they be informed about what all these drugs are called everywhere else in the world or are they only required to know what drugs are called in the United States.

Stocrin is a brand name of efavirenz outside the US, where it is Sustiva. You need to contact the physician who wrote the prescription and ask that they call the pharmacy to clarify.

I suspect that by law, the pharmacist can not fill a precription listing a brand that is not marketed in the US. If the clinician had written simply "efavirenz", rather than a brand name, there would have been no problem.

Hepatisis B
Want 2b Undectable