PML Damage

John's Hopkins recently diagnosed me as having PML. My T cells went as low as 29, now they are over 159 and climbing due to Truvada and Fuzeon. I am not getting worse, and maintain left side weakness now. If my T Cells go above 350, and I stabilize, is there lasting damage due to the loss of mylenin and scar tissue in the brain? Can I recover loss of motor function in my leg to normal levels? Can my brain rewire itself around nerves devoid of sheath?

Thanks for your post.

For better or worse, each patient with PML is different. Many patients get a lot of improvement quickly, others slowly improve.

It's clear that getting physical therapy, occupational therapy and from time to time, neuropsychiatric testing can be of help, both with symptoms and with gauging prognosis or improvments.

Good luck, be well. BY

sustiva and truvada in the daytime?
Hepatisis B