Sustiva On An Empty Stomach

I recently began Sustiva & Truvada. The Sustiva is recommended to be taken at bedtime, on an empty stomach. I have heard everything from hour to 6 hours after eating. What is a good guideline for how long I should wait after eating? If you recommend X number how hours in general, should that time be extended if I have a large meal? What is the down side to taking after high fat meals?

Thanks,

As a general rule, the stomach is empty about 2 hours after a regular meal. The down side to taking Sustiva with food is that blood levels are increased and this may increase side effects. Of course, it may not have much effect for an individual and many people do take Sustiva with a snack or within 2 hours of a meal and have no problems. Best of luck to you!

peri hilar lymph nodes
Meds now or later?