Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

peri hilar lymph nodes
Oct 27, 2005

I had an upper resp infection with a lot of phlem for about a month. I had an xray and the clinic called saying that the lymph nodes around the lung (between heart & lungs) are larger that normal (peri Hilar) and is scheduling me for a cat-scan. I have never smoked a day in my life. also during this bout of upper resp. thing I find out that I have arythmea. The cardialogist put me on Cumiden & Flecainide. Is all this tied in together ? What is goinf on. Could I have cancer or something else in my lungs

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello and thanks for posting. The size of the peri-hilar lymph nodes in the chest are very difficult to accurately measure on a plain chest x-ray and the CT scan should tell whether this is a problem or not. It would be very unusual in a non-smoker for lung cancer to present in this way.

The arrhythmia may or may not be related to the respiratory infection. Sometimes an infection may trigger an abnormal heart rhythm but primary heart disease would need to be excluded by further heart tests.

I hope that this information helps and let us know if you learn more from the tests. Best of luck to you!

Previous
CD4 and viral load.
Next
Sustiva On An Empty Stomach

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.