peri hilar lymph nodes

I had an upper resp infection with a lot of phlem for about a month. I had an xray and the clinic called saying that the lymph nodes around the lung (between heart & lungs) are larger that normal (peri Hilar) and is scheduling me for a cat-scan. I have never smoked a day in my life. also during this bout of upper resp. thing I find out that I have arythmea. The cardialogist put me on Cumiden & Flecainide. Is all this tied in together ? What is goinf on. Could I have cancer or something else in my lungs

Hello and thanks for posting. The size of the peri-hilar lymph nodes in the chest are very difficult to accurately measure on a plain chest x-ray and the CT scan should tell whether this is a problem or not. It would be very unusual in a non-smoker for lung cancer to present in this way.

The arrhythmia may or may not be related to the respiratory infection. Sometimes an infection may trigger an abnormal heart rhythm but primary heart disease would need to be excluded by further heart tests.

I hope that this information helps and let us know if you learn more from the tests. Best of luck to you!

CD4 and viral load.
Sustiva On An Empty Stomach