CD4 and viral load.

My husband tested positive in 2004. He did the cd4 count and the viral load.The ced4 whent up from 599 to 633 and the viral load is undetectable. Is this possible without meds ? He's not on med. Confused.

Dear Confused,

A very small number of HIV+ persons will have undetectable viral loads when off medications. If confirmed, you husband is one of these lucky few-- lucky, because these patients usually have very slow, if any, disease progression.

(On an aside, I wouldn't place too much stock in the "increase" from 599 to 633 CD4s. This is well within the normal day-to-day variation.)

Good luck to you and him. BY

HIV to AIDs
peri hilar lymph nodes