Oct 25, 2005
with a total wbc count of 5200 and a lymphocyte percentage of 40% what can I expect my cd4 count to be around??
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
If 40% of 5200 WBCs are lypmphocytes, you have about 2100 lymphocytes. If one assumes (very crudely) that you're CD4% is 50% (which is approximately "normal"), then your estimated CD4 cell count is about 1050.
Given the assumption about the CD4%, this can be taken as an upper estimate of the absoulte CD4 count. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Anti-HIV Medicine Prolong Window Period?
- Chest Pain, High Liver Enzymes, Fatigue Associated With Acute Hiv
- Condom Broke No Ejaculation Partner Undetectable
- Deep Kissing And Sucking Neck Hiv Risk
- Does Washing Hands Prevent HIV Transmission?
- Elevated Liver Enzymes And Hiv Antibody Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.