the linkage between cd4 nos and percentage

i had 223 cd4 with 13%in july 2005. in october 2005 , its 562 with 19%. what does it mean though the cdr has gone up substantially but not the percentage.as i read here that cd4 %should be 40% and above. simlarly the ratioof cd4 and cd8 should be between 0.9 to 6 where as in my case as of now it is 18.9% as cd8 is 1835. so what do you say am i doing ok as i read that though cd4 should be 500 and above which iam , but % wise iam not convinced . kindly guide me on this issue.

Thanks again for your post.

As previous, I'd say that you've had a very nice response to treatment, with a rise in CD4% from 13 to 19%. This is a nearly 50% increase in just a few months. The thing that gets us confused with your labs is the very large (probably erroneously large) increase in CD4 absolute count.

Let me see if I can summarize: On average, for each 100 CD4 cells, one can expect about 7.5-8 CD4 percentage points. So a typical count of 200 is equivalent to 15%; 100 equals 8% and so on. I'd expect that a CD4 percentage of 19 would usually correlate to a count of about 250-300.

As for the CD4/CD8 ratios, yes, normal is at or above 1.0. It can take a very long time for HIV+ patients to reach this benchmark (if ever). This shouldn't preclude significant improvement in immune health that occurs long before all the lab tests reach "normal" range.

Good health to you. BY

any medicine i could taketo be negative for hepa test?
Are they infected???