my nos of cd4

i have been on medication since july 7 th this year and that time my cd4 was 210. after 3 months my cd4 is 562 and the percentage is 18.9%. how much it should be and iam on sustiva and combivir along with folic acid , bacterdium, multivitamins and some alternative therapies like wheat plant juice , neem , turmeric and yoga breathing exercise for 30 minutes. my question is how much should be cd4 and % in 3 months time, am i doing o.k and do i need to drop some medicines or should i continue with whatver iam doing.

Thanks for your post.

A typical first-line drug regimen can result in a ~200 cell increase in the first year of treatment. This would calculate to a CD4 cell count of ~400-450 in one year. On this basis, you're having a great response.

Your CD4 percentage remains somewhat on the low side-- indeed, percentages of ~20 normally correspond to a absolute count of ~275.

Either way, 562 or 19%, this amount of increase in only 3 months is right on track.

If it were me, I'd focus my efforts on getting a balanced diet, continue with the yoga and exercise. Save the money that you're spending on the supplements and give yourself a trip to the islands (after hurricane season).

Good luck, good health. BY

Shelf-Life
facial wasting - my anecdotal experience