Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

my nos of cd4
Oct 23, 2005

i have been on medication since july 7 th this year and that time my cd4 was 210. after 3 months my cd4 is 562 and the percentage is 18.9%. how much it should be and iam on sustiva and combivir along with folic acid , bacterdium, multivitamins and some alternative therapies like wheat plant juice , neem , turmeric and yoga breathing exercise for 30 minutes. my question is how much should be cd4 and % in 3 months time, am i doing o.k and do i need to drop some medicines or should i continue with whatver iam doing.

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

A typical first-line drug regimen can result in a ~200 cell increase in the first year of treatment. This would calculate to a CD4 cell count of ~400-450 in one year. On this basis, you're having a great response.

Your CD4 percentage remains somewhat on the low side-- indeed, percentages of ~20 normally correspond to a absolute count of ~275.

Either way, 562 or 19%, this amount of increase in only 3 months is right on track.

If it were me, I'd focus my efforts on getting a balanced diet, continue with the yoga and exercise. Save the money that you're spending on the supplements and give yourself a trip to the islands (after hurricane season).

Good luck, good health. BY

Previous
Shelf-Life
Next
facial wasting - my anecdotal experience

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.