want to have a baby
Oct 23, 2005
my cd4 is somewhere around 150 but i am not sick. i want to have a baby. can i?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Many HIV+ women can and do have healthy babies. Essential to this is the health of the mother and the use of (whenever possible) combination HIV therapies (HAART). With treatment and undetectable HIV viral loads, the risk of transmission of HIV to the baby is very, very low.
I'd invest time discussing your treatment options and family desires with your doctor.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Woman Give Hiv To A Man How Likely Is It?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- Why Cant I Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis?
- White Genital Herpes Blisters
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.