Oct 23, 2005
Thanks Benjamin for your kind answer about my question last month regarding CD4 drop alot in short period.
And your comment was very helpful and encouraged me. Thank you.
Today I got a result from my latest blood test and it was CD4:394 VL:35800.
Which means my immune system is bit recover than last time and my doctor say that I don't need a treatment yet.
But my question is last year my VL was 8000copies and latest test is 35800.
It is almost 5times than last year.
1) Is this common Virus increasing speed ?
2) Do you think that I have a treatment within a month if I compare virus increasing speed ?
3) Is it possible Virus might be drop without AZT ?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your follow up.
You have a modest increase in your viral load- from ~8000 to 36000 copies. I wouldn't want to predict any change in your rate of disease progression on the basis of this single test, though if confirmed by another increased viral load test, would suggest that you might now be approaching the more usual rate of CD4 cell decline.
You certainly don't need to start on treatment, simply because of the viral load of 36,000, but when you do, a 3-drug combination (that could, but doesn't necessarily needs to include AZT) would be the approach of choice.
Good luck. I hope this answers your questions. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Erotic Massage
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob
- Do Black Spots Mean I Have AIDS?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.