Is there a chance?
Oct 23, 2005
on October 20th, I was exposed to HIV infected blood. I work at a dialysis clinic, and as I was drawing a lab from the patient I was somehow sprayed with his blood in an open wound. The hospital prescribed Combivir. I researced on the internet and found out this is a drug that TREATS HIV patients, should I continue to take the medication since I'm not sure if I have been infected?
Is this drug considered a Post-exposure prophylaxis?
Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. Young
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.